Sunday, October 30, 2011

Calories! And more!

I wanted to share a particular statistical graphic that I found interesting. Many of the statistics on this graphic were disturbing to me, especially the one on obesity.
I personally believe that  fast food is a huge contributor, but even the grocery stores can be a sad shopping experience for the healthy shopper. 
There are way too many junk food options available, and way too many additives in our food.
It's up to each individual person to take charge of their own health.
Fill your body with whole, nutritious, and organic foods ( when possible/affordable)., I personally buy all the dirty dozen organic.
Avoid fast food, crash diets, and artificial sweeteners.
Then I think we will be on the road to changing these statistics.
I enjoy being healthy, and I challenge those who aren't to give healthy a try.
Of course these are my opinions, and no one has to take my word for it, but wouldn't it be great to look and feel great, and fill your body with food that fuels instead of  junk food sludge?



Lolli

Enjoy the statistical graphic:

via

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I love statistics as it is, but this picture made it fun. Once again though, the numbers surprise me.. I actually just got back from the gym, which is good! However, my post workout choice was chips... So hard to fight temptation.
    I am a new follower. Found you in the Super Stalker Sunday hop. I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow back.
    Thanks!
    http://theladiesloungeguide.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Megan- I like the little charts too :) it makes things more fun! Way to go on the workout! I love RiceWorks Chips, they are my "healthier" alternative to regular chips, I still try not to consume them often, but they satisfy my need for a crunchy snack! I follow you back :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete