Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Benefits and Uses of Coconut Oil.

Coconut Oil is amazing. 
It smells wonderful, is moisturizing, and for me, instantly makes me think of summer time (no matter what time of year it is!).

There are many uses for coconut oil, these are just a few:
  • Cooking (it has a high temperature tolerance, and is more suited to cooking than olive oil! Read more here!)
  • Skin Care. (use it instead of chemically laden lotions! Read more here!)
  • Hair Care. ( I even use it instead of hair straightening cream, it nourishes my hair while protecting it from the heat).
  • Eat it! (throw it in a smoothie to receive the internal benefits! Read more here!)


I use Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, the kind I like is here.

Read even more on coconut oil here.

I love coconut oil for the moisturizing and healing qualities, as well as the anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities. A little goes a long way with coconut oil, and I have noticed a difference in my skin since using coconut oil. 
I don't need lotion, just coconut oil.

Doesn't get more natural than that :)

Have you used coconut oil? Likes or dislikes?
Would love to hear your stories on natural care items you use!
Have you cooked with coconut oil?
If so, what are some of your favorite ways to use it in cooking?




Lolli





*Not intended as advice. Purely opinions of the blogger.*

No comments:

Post a Comment