Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Clean Mouth...Without the Chemicals! {Mouthwash Recipe}



Before I knew much about the dangers of different chemicals and other artificial ingredients in dental care products, I used to swish Listerine after every meal and when I first woke up. [Don't get me started on the fluoride in my toothpaste, and the excessive tooth whitening products I used to use!]

I decided that Hubby and I just couldn't live without our beloved mouthwash. But what to do? It has artificial colors, alcohol, saccharin, etc etc etc.... I didn't want to be putting this in my mouth anymore!

So, I embarked on a journey for the perfect mouthwash recipe for minty mouthwash lovers.....

Enjoy :) 

Please feel free to tweak the recipe a bit to suit your personal needs. If it is a little strong, then add a little water or put a little less peppermint in.



Lolli's Minty Mouthwash

1 cup (8 oz) filtered or spring water
5 drops peppermint essential oil
3 drops tea tree essential oil 
1 tsp baking soda
1 glass container to store it in


Fill the bottle halfway with water. Add in peppermint essential oil, then add in tea tree essential oil.  Put the baking soda in. Add the remaining 4 oz of water to the container. Place the lid on and shake briefly yet thoroughly. 


That's it, easy. I do shake mine time to time to make sure that the ingredients stay mixed.

* My favorite essential oils are NOW 100% Pure Essential Oils.


Please let me know if you try this recipe or if you have ever made your own mouth wash! Do you have any recipes to share? Please leave them in the comments below. If you are a blogger, please leave a link to your blog post on mouthwash recipes!

If you have been lurking on the site, now is a great time to introduce yourself. It's wonderful to share knowledge with each other.

Here are some other recipes for mouthwash from around the web...just in case you aren't a minty kind of person, but still want a fresh clean mouth.

  1. Cheap and Simple Mouthwash Recipe
  2. Antiseptic Mouthwash and Other Recipes
  3. Green Tea Mouthwash/ Mint Mouthwash Recipes
  4. Tasty Homemade Mouthwash Recipe 
  5. Essential Oil Mouthwash Recipe
  6. Orange Spice Mouthwash Recipe


** Even though it is natural, do not swallow. In addition, this is not intended as medical or dental advice of any kind. I am simply sharing a recipe I enjoy using. I accept no responsibility for actions people take from reading my blog post. Reader is fully responsible for their own actions. Please give me credit if you use my recipe as I take time to work on these. Thank you.

You saw Clean Mouth...Without the Chemicals! {Mouthwash Recipe} (Lolli's Minty Mouthwash) blog post here first on ReInventing Lolli.

Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli

2 comments:

  1. I have never made mouthwash but my dentist told me to stay away from mouthwashes with alcohol. This recipe seems really easy to make and nothing really toxic in it.

    ReplyDelete