Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Getting My Groove Back!


I have to admit, I was delighted that my little girl took a nap early this after noon. It felt good to get a 40 min. weight training work out in! Did I mention uninterrupted, and I got a shower! 
Thank you Baby A! Mommy needed that today.

Before I had Baby A, I was organized. I had to-do lists for my to-do lists & everything was done 99% of the time. 

Then things changed.

When I first had Baby A, I really thought that being a mom was going to be an impossible task. 
How was I supposed to take care of a newborn, keep up with the house, and take care of me at the same time?
Well, the answer is, it just takes time. 

Just this morning it clicked in my head that I finally have the hang of being a mommy. Not saying that I am super mom or anything, but I have finally figured out how to clean the house, take care of the baby, get a shower, and stay sane.
That is a HUGE deal.

I remember feeling on top of the world if I could just take care of Baby A for the day & the bonus was getting myself clean & dressed. 
That was a day!

Now, I feel accomplished if I can take care of Baby A, including giving her a bath, get a workout in, get a shower, make a crock pot meal, unload the dishwasher, run the sweeper, & get diaper laundry done :) I am a pretty huge leap from where I was, and it feels good.

I am far from being super mom, but I am working on getting there.
It may have taken me 9 weeks to get here, but I am happy about it!

How did you feel as a first time new mom? How long did it take you to get your groove back? Can any of you relate?


Lolli

1 comment:

  1. Lolli I love hearing about your Mommy experiences. I to struggled in the begining with baby. Between trying to heal, breast feed, and being up with the baby all the time I didn't know if I was ever going to get it together. Things probably didn't start coming together for me until Nathan was about 4 months. My baby right from the start had his days and nights mixed up for months. So for me sleep wise things didn't get better until I started adding cereal to his milk to help keep him fuller longer so he would sleep through the night. Being a mommy can be hard sometimes... especailly in the begining but nothing can be more worth it and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete