Thursday, July 5, 2012

Lolli's Ramblings: 4th of July, juicing, and more!

I hope that you all had a wonderful 4th of July! 

We had a great holiday! We spent the entire day at the beach with Baby A! It was her first time seeing the water. A lake beach was a nice way to get her used to the water before we take her to the ocean. She loved the sand & especially loved splashing in the water! 
She didn't want to get out of the water.

We took all of our snacks with us (the snacks I made will be posted on the blog soon!) , we didn't need to worry about what to eat. There was plenty of food everywhere, but none of it was tempting. In fact, after seeing so much junk food, I discovered I am not even hungry for it anymore, it actually looked gross to me.

This was the swim suit Baby A wore:

We loved the ruffles!! 

Her swim diaper:



I wore a bandeau style bikini top and Hubby some black swim trunks.

It felt good to get outside and get some sun! The weather was absolutely beautiful & in the 90's.

After the beach we came home and had teriyaki stir fry for dinner, and some cucumber juice that I made with our Breville Juicer. The juicing is going well, we are still trying to find more recipes, but the juice that comes out of the Breville is fantastic.

We watched fireworks from our back porch and on tv, both Macy's and the Boston Pops. Since Baby A is only 7 months old I thought she might be startled by them, but she wasn't. She really enjoyed them! 

How was your 4th of July?

In addition I have joined Hubby in not drinking coffee. I do not see coffee as a bad thing, I actually think plain coffee has wonderful health benefits, however, I do find myself a bit of a coffee addict. So I have switched to green tea for the next few weeks to see how I feel. We already drink green tea in the evenings, so I figured why not drink it in the morning too?

Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment