Friday, July 6, 2012

Lolli's Ramblings: Cake, Coffee, and Heat.

We don't eat sugar in our home anymore. We don't eat gluten. We don't eat dairy. We don't eat anything that isn't natural and we strive for as much organic food as possible. 
So how might we have had cake in our home the other day?

The recipe that I used for the cake was gluten free, dairy free, soy free, refined sugar free, and natural. It was divine, the most moist and delicious cake I have had. Seriously. The icing was a recipe I came up with myself. I cannot wait to share it with you. 

Hubby and I couldn't remember the last time we had cake ( aside from our gluten free dairy free wedding cake on our anniversary back in December). We were delighted to scarf this down.

On another note, I have been loving this heat. Many people around me have been complaining about the heat, but I think it is marvelous. As long as I stay hydrated, it is wonderful. Of course, we keep Baby A lathered in sunscreen and in the shade as much as possible! Hubby and I both have noticed our healthy lifestyles allow us to enjoy the heat more than in previous years when we were not as healthy as we are now.

Giving up coffee and drinking green tea is working out. It has only been a couple of days, but I am loving it. The green tea has so many numerous health benefits. It is pure green tea that we brew at home. The stuff in the bottles with all the added ingredients is no good.  Hubby inspired me to do this and I have to say THANK YOU. I find green tea much more refreshing. 

I cannot say that I won't have coffee from time to time, as I believe in moderation plain coffee is great for you.

Another thing I wanted to mention, was that spreading out Baby A's shots has been working marvelously. We only get one at a time, and she hasn't gotten sick or had a fever or anything. She's been 100% healthy the entire 32 weeks since she has been born. I am really happy about that! Not to say that other people should do it this way, but it is what is working for us!

What are you all up to this week?


Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli


No comments:

Post a Comment