Thursday, July 19, 2012

Healing Diastasis Recti (Videos)

I hope this helps some mamas!

I recently did a self test for diastasis after watching an interview with Dr. Tupler ( inventor of the Tupler Technique).

These are some of the things I am going to start doing to work on my diastasis ( the videos below).

I have a 1 finger separation in the top, 1 1/2 (almost 2 in middle) and 1 1/2 separation in the bottom.

It is no surprise  to me that I have this, I only wish that I had discovered this sooner as I have been battling the mommy pouch due to this. It seemed no matter how many crunches & ab exercises I did, my belly looked worse instead of better.

Here are some videos I found helpful:




Here is the book I am reading online right now: 



It seems that there are many ways to work on the diastasis. From all the reading and video watching I did today, I did discover that it was mentioned multiple times not to do "opening exercises" in yoga, the Pilates 100, or crunches ( including cross crunches) as these exercises would open up the existing problem further.


I hope that this helps someone.
Today is day 1 for me on starting to work on my diastasis, hopefully it gets better.

Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment