Thursday, February 7, 2013

Does Gluten Cause Weight Gain?

not my photo, image googled from around the web.

I recently read this article and found it very interesting:

According to the article scientists did a study with rats, thus confirming that gluten does lead to weight gain.

Their reasoning?

Wheat has been considerably genetically engineered.
As a result, wheat that used to contain a small amount of gluten (5%) now contains 50% gluten! That is a LOT of gluten!

Some other reading you might find interesting regarding this subject:


I personally cannot consume gluten due to Celiac, however, I have for a while wondered if wheat really was as healthy as it was touted to be. 
We have been told that whole grains are healthy for us, blah blah blah. Honestly, I find that the opposite is true. The less grains consumed ( gluten free or otherwise) the better I feel. I consume brown rice and quinoa....and very very very rarely sorghum. I have never felt better.

How can wheat be so healthy for you as advertised on tv, if it is in fact so genetically engineered?

The fact of the matter is, it isn't.

People have become attached to their pastries, whole wheat pasta, and baked goods...so I don't expect this information to be well recieved by many. However, it is the truth.

Decide for yourself what is right for you, but always be informed.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Be  Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment