Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday!





This morning I woke up at 5 am, 30 minutes late. My alarm didn't go off, it was my thoughtful Hubby who woke me up. Long story short, I got peppermint essential oil in my eye while getting ready for the gym. The one way to get it out is milk, I am allergic to cows milk. So, I stole breastmilk out of the fridge, pour it in my eye...and it works!
Now, I am even later. I get to the gym, none of the regulars are in there ( we tend to chat from time to time), there were a bunch of people I didn't know. The weights are all out of order on the rack, so it takes me forever to find the ones I need. 

But!! I am thankful that I got a great work out in! It felt great to be back after dealing with chronic pain since the middle of February.

On my way out of the gym there is a sign saying they are closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I normally work out on Saturday. I was bummed. I get being closed for Easter, but I find it a little ridiculous to be closed all 3 days.

However, I am not going to let that stop me. I will still  get up on Saturday and go running outside and lift at home. It is better than nothing! 

I had only a couple of hours sleep last night, and was in pain, and it was snowing this morning. But those would have all been excuses to not go to the gym.

Moral of the story: Don't give up. There will always be obstacles in your way. I could've gone back to bed or resigned myself to not working out because I had less time than normal, BUT I didn't. Dedication means if you want it, you've got to go get it.

I am really thankful for my hubby waking me up, I am thankful that I made it to the gym and got a work out in. I am thankful I got the peppermint oil out of my eye. I am thankful that I have weights at home that I can get a work out in when needed.

I am also thankful for the ability to take care of my body. What a privilege. 

What are you thankful for today?

Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli








No comments:

Post a Comment