Thursday, May 9, 2013

Very Inspiring Blogger...Are you inspired?

ReInventing Lolli was just awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I am very honored to have been nominated by Lanaya from Raising Reagan. Thank you :) 
I have to admit there are times when I wonder if my blog is interesting enough, or if people read it! It is nice to know that people do read it, and like it. Thank you for following me on my journey of re-invention.

Thank you Lanaya!!

The idea of this award is to help you get to know me a little better. I will tell you 7 random facts about me, and then pass the award on to 5 other bloggers.


Hopefully these are all things that I haven't told  you yet!


1. My absolute favorite color is black. I think that it is classy. It can be dressed up or down when in reference to clothing. Actually, Hubby's and my wedding colors were black, white, and silver. Nope, no other colors....and it looked classy :) 

pictures of our rings on the reception table. 
the cake my mother & father made for our wedding. it was gluten free :)
you can see the diamond scatter...it was on every table.
2. At one point in my life the idea of exercising was frightening to me. I didn't think that I would ever be where I am now. I couldn't hardly bicep curl 3 lbs. now I am bicep curling at 22.5 lbs!

3. I cannot stand lima beans. No matter how healthy I get and how many vegetables I eat, I will probably never go near a lima bean. That's okay with me, I get enough greens through other foods.

4. If I could live anywhere in the world, I would actually choose Arizona. I like Arizona and it is fun. I have also always wanted to check out Australia, but I would have to visit first. I am not sure I would want to up and move to someplace I have never visited like that, hehe.

5. I didn't play sports in high school, but now that I am older and wayyyyy into fitness. I really wish I had done track or volleyball. I think I would have been really good!

6.  I squeeze the toothpaste from the middle of the tube, and nope I will never change. No matter how hard it is to get the toothpaste out at the end. Call me weird, but I just like it that way.

7. After years of dyeing my hair multiple colors, I have finally grown it all out. My hair is 100% color free virgin hair again. I am excited about that because my hair is so much healthier. It was brittle before!

me as a blonde, 2009

my hair, oct 2012, the same way it is now

I am very excited to announce our newest "Very Inspiring Bloggers", Congratulations, and thank you for inspiring me! When you recieve this award, it is my hope that you will pass it on!

  • Happenings of the Harper Household - You are such a great mom to your kids! You are very creative too. I also have to say that the "Watch Willow Grow" series has melted my heart, she is too cute... both of your kids are!
  • Mama Natural - You are inspiring! As healthy as I am, you still find ways to challenge me and help me grow in my journey. I love your recipes, and the way you bring healthy news to people in a fun and unique way...and that Chia Drink recipe you posted yesterday.... just had to try it the moment I saw it!
  • Keeper of the Home - Your blog is so full of information! You really are a super mom, and I love that you put your kids/family health above pretty much everything. I feel like your values are in line with mine and that makes me smile. I am always learning new things. You were the first place I learned about re-mineralizing teeth, and then I went on the research more on my own.
  • This Flourishing Life - You were my first blogger friend! I have read every post of yours, and you are truly an amazing person. I love that your recipes are allergy friendly, and that you are so creative with the foods that you make, despite so many restrictions. You seem like a kind and genuine person, and that is rare these days!
  • Happy Mothering- Your blog is amazing. I love your posts! I have read almost all of them, everything from recipes to GMO's to mealworms. Your posts are informative and helpful, yet light hearted! I look forward to each new post.

And if I hadn't been nominated by Lanaya, but someone else, I would've been nominating Raising Reagan. I love reading about your parenting journey, the recipes, and so much more. You write about so many things and you keep your readers wanting more! 

Have a fabulous day ladies, and spread the love!

Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli



7 comments:

  1. I loved that tidbit about the toothpaste! That's awesome!
    Arizona is a great place. I love it there too! And I love you as a natural brunette. {We have more fun anyway!! LOL}

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks haha, I tried to change my toothpaste habits....to no avail.
      I love how I feel in AZ, my fibromyalgia virtually disappears at times when I am there.
      LOL thanks, I am learning to love my natural color again :) I feel so blessed to have the hair I do....its long and dark and I like it that way.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. of course! I love your blog! I read every post even if I don't have time to comment!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your award. Lolli don't ever go blond again, I like you as a brunette. Did your parents make your wedding cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Sheila! I love your blog as well, I honestly wish I could pick top 10 :( My mom and dad did make my cake, my father helped with the decoration on it...it was especially special to me as he was suffering badly from cancer at the time, and he still made time for me :) Thank you! The blonde was exceptionally damaging to my hair, I liked it at the time, but I have to say that I am loving my natural color now, and I most likely won't go blonde again until I get a lot of grays ( which would look funny if roots grew out with brown). I am embracing my natural self now :)

      Delete
    2. I started graying at 18. So by thirty, I was dyeing my hair and I developed an allergy to hair dye. I use henna now and you can henna your hair every two weeks, if you want. That's something you might want to consider in the future, and here is a site you can check out. www.hennaforhair.com/

      Delete