Friday, May 30, 2014

23 weeks pregnant and a recap!!



I am 23 weeks pregnant today....



with a baby BOY!! 


We are very excited to have one of each :) 

So far I have gained 11 lbs. which according to the charts is right on track for my weight gain goal of 25-30  lbs.
With Baby A I had gained 42 lbs. which was definitely over what was necessary. I ate healthy, but not as healthy as I do now, and I didn't really work out all that much....just yoga and light weights here and there.

not my photo. googled image from web.


This time I have kept up with regular workouts. I took a month off when we moved ( our move was hectic and crazy and there is STILL work being done on the house).

My workouts consist of weight training, cardio, and yoga! I have been managing to do all 3. My current workout routine is 5-6 days a week, with either Saturday or Sunday off....and sometimes we go for long walks on those days!

I feel best when I am active.
( a couple of this weeks workouts)

5 min treadmill warm up/5 min cool down, 40 min weight lifting,

10 min stretching. Did lateral

band walking to help with core strength.  Yoga in the evening.
1.22 mile jog during day. yoga in the evening.



Since starting back after the move I have experience a lot of soreness from the weight training, but it was totally expected despite having trained before. Any time I take a break I am always sore for a little while.

I have been doing well with school! I should finish up in August! I am very excited. I so far have completed my personal training certification and 2 other certifications, I now have 2 certifications and 1 final project left before I achieve the Master Personal Fitnesss Trainer title. I am very excited about this.

After that I will take a break for Baby B to be born and for bonding time.
Then I will hit the books for nutrition and I am thinking fitness chef too!
I have goals of a Masters degree in sight as well. I am hoping to complete all of this very quickly :) 

not my photo. image googled from the web.

It feels good to be following my passion. What are you passionate about? What are you doing to pursue your passion?
I personally wish I had pursued education for my passion about 5 years or so ago, but I wasn't mentally ready then for all that I decided to take on now.

It is interesting juggling school, pregnancy, a move, and a 2 1/2 year old! In addition Hubby works and is in school too, so we both have a lot on our plate! 

We wouldn't have it any other way though. Our lives are full and happy.


Oh and one thing I am super excited about....



I made tortillas successfully for the first time yesterday! 

YAY!


Have you tried anything new lately?
I would love to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment