Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More than just a shoe.

Ever have a nice pair of heels? Some maybe as pretty as the ones above? Even if not, ever just have a pair of shoes, or an outfit that makes you feel on top of the world?

Or maybe you are like me, someone who before baby prided themselves in looking their best every day. Dressing even if not leaving the house, doing full face makeup and hair- just to greet hubby at the door with a beautiful smile.

I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but when Baby A came,  that changed. Nothing changed my mindset though, I would still LOVE to greet my hubby at the door with full face make up, nice jeans & a pretty shirt, maybe even heels if I had to run to the grocery store. Unfortunately, there is not enough time in the day, I take a shower but usually that is all Baby A lets me have time for ....either she needs to eat or has a diaper changed, or maybe is waking up from a nap and wants mommy time. Or some days it is the housecleaning that gets in the way, Baby A's nap time is my cleaning time. Laundry, sweeping...you get the drift. On top of that I still don't fit into 99% of my wardrobe, so it's yoga pants & a t-shirt most of the time.

My point is, motherhood has left me feeling less than gorgeous...and I'd love to get out my heels again (my feet haven't shrunk back yet either, making this an impossible task), but for now, I am focusing on what is most important....figuring out life with Baby A. Maybe in a few weeks (or months) when Baby A & I get a better routine, I can  be "me" again ~ a less scrubby feeling more beautiful feeling mommy & wife.

You know what though, I am still loving every minute of being me right now. I have a beautiful daughter whom I love & a handsome hubby that I adore! What could be better than that?

I can be happy with me now because I know that I will get back to being ME 2.0 soon enough ;) 


Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment