Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Just Say NO! ...to Canola Oil.

not my photo. image from www.change.org

You may have seen Canola Oil touted as the oil of choice in the past. However, canola is not healthy, and I want to tell you why.

  • Canola oil is manufactured at a high temperature
  • It is manufactured using toxic chemicals like hexane.
  • Approximately 93% of canola oil is genetically engineered ( yep! GMO!)
  • Canola oil is made from rapeseed ( it is actually just another name for low acid rapeseed oil), rapeseed oil is so toxic that many bugs and animals avoid eating it.


I personally won't eat canola oil, especially because it is genetically modified. Instead I opt for organic extra virgin olive oil & organic coconut oil. These oils are much better for your body, and you don't need a lot of oil to do your body good!

Please read the links below for more information on Canola oil.
I have included links, some of which I agree with & some I don't. See for yourself what you believe.


Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli

2 comments:

  1. OMG ~ I just yelled at my mother about this over the weekend. She had canola oil in her pantry and I freaked out on her.
    NO!! Hopefully now she knows better!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear you got that out of her cabinet! :)

      Delete