Working out at home with videos can get boring after a while, especially if you are someone who knows what they are doing.
Here are some ideas for home workout equipment that can be used in a small home or apartment! Almost all of these can be stored under the bed if needed!
1. Mini Stepper for cardio. I love mine. It is almost the same, only it's red & a different brand name. But it has all the same features and was about the same price! Get the benefits of a stepper without taking up all the space. Especially great if you don't have a gym membership & great if the weather doesn't permit a long walk.
Approx. $40-60 price range depending on brand/store
|Target @ $49.50|
2. Free Weights! These are great for building muscle!! I like to have a variety of different dumbbells in my home. 5 lbs, 10 lbs, 15 lbs, and 20 lbs are all great sizes to keep around! There are lots of different dumbbells with different price points, but I have some of the Reebok ones and I love them.
3. Weight lifting Gloves are also great! I like to lift until my muscles are sore, not until my hands are sore, and hands get sore quick without gloves! Plus they help if you are someone who gets slippery hands when lifting.
There are many different brands to try. find what's best for you!
Target @ $12.59
4. Stability Balls, I love my stability ball for crunches & angled chest presses and flyes. There are so many uses for a balance ball! I have seen them in many stores, including Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc. Prices typically ranging from $20-30.
5. A great free tool for those wanting to work out with their own routine and not video, I like the bodbuilding.com "Your Best Body" plan. I think it's great for those who don't know how to build a workout routine, but aren't into workout videos.
6. Pull Up Bar, these are great for getting in pull ups in a variety of grips, but also for doing leg lifts if you have the ab straps.
I have seen these @ $24 and up
7. If you are a workout video person, I absolutely love ChaLean Extreme. In my opinion it's the best workout video system I have tried.
These are just what I have used at home when I am I not at the gym. I love to change things up and always am looking for new fitness products to try. Actually the Journey Gym looks pretty cool and I would love to try that sometime.
What do you like to use when you workout at home?
Is there something you would add to this list?
Disclaimer : These are all just products I like, I am in no way associated with stores or any of these brands. Prices are always subject to change and were current at the time this was posted. Always talk to your healthcare provider before working out, and use common sense when using workout equipment. Use fitness equipment at your own risk.