In my last post I mentioned many places where refined sugar lurks.
I also mentioned that it is usually replaced by chemical artificial sweeteners.
So why is refined sugar bad for you?
Here's what constant sugar intake can do to the human body:
- Lowers good cholesterol & raises triglycerides
- Can lead to heart disease
- Can cause obesity
- Can lead to diabetes
- It can suppress the immune system leaving you more susceptible to a host of diseases
I am talking about sugar made from sugar cane. I am not talking about natural sugars aka. "good sugars" from honey, maple syrup, or fruit.
It's not just white sugar that's bad though.
Why are chemical sweeteners bad for you?
- They are chemical, not natural
- They are suspected to possibly cause cancer
- Aspartame contains methanol and can be metbolized by your body into formaldehyde
- can cause headaches/migraines
- may affect thyroid function
So what can you eat?
What can you do?
Read more in part 3.
Be Happy Healthy & Strong,
~Resources can be found in Part 3