Saturday, November 17, 2012

Easy, Healthy, Gluten free Pumpkin Pie!

What is Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, right?
Well, after looking at several recipes online, it was discouraging to see so many with a ton of questionable, unhealthy ingredients & loads of sugar!
So I decided that I was going to make a healthy pumpkin pie with no gluten, dairy, or refined sugar.

Pie Filling Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 (15 oz) can of pure pumpkin 
6 packets of stevia
2/3 cup organic honey
3 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 capful gluten free vanilla
1 can coconut milk ( full fat, organic)( I used Thai Kitchen)

Preheat oven to 400.
Beat eggs lightly, then add all remaining ingredients including pumpkin. Mix thoroughly.

Add coconut milk & blend lightly until mixed in.

Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake for 55 min or until done.

Pie Crust Ingredients:

1 cup of Brown Rice flour
1/2 cup of Garabanzo/Fava Bean Flour 
( I used Bob's Red Mill for both my flours)
** Pretty much any gluten free flours would work, I just like how the flavor turned out with this mix!
1 packet stevia
1/2 tsp  sea salt
1/2 cup earth balance

Mix together all ingredients except the earth balance ( in food processor)
Add in earth balance and pulse until it is lump looking.
Add in 1/3 cup water and mix until it becomes a dough.

Remove the dough and roll out into pie pan.

Coconut "Whipped Topping":

Leave one can of coconut milk in the fridge for several hours.
Drain out the excess liquid.
In a chilled bowl add the coconut ( thick part), 1 capful of gluten free vanilla, and 1 packet of stevia. 
Whip until resembles whipped topping.

ENJOY!

Be Happy Healthy and Strong,

Lolli

Warning: Whipped topping contains coconut, do not make if you are allergic to coconut.
See my disclaimer page. Make all recipes at your own risk. Do not copy or use my recipe for profit, you do not have permission to do so. If you post my recipe on your blog/site/book please give me credit by linking back to this post. I spent many hours in the kitchen coming up with this recipe on my own. You saw it on Re-Inventing Lolli blog first.
Remember you saw these recipes first here on ReInventing Lolli blog :) If you use one of my recipes, please give me credit, as I work hard to come up with all of my recipes.
Always check labels for gluten free status before using any ingredients.

2 comments:

  1. Great recipe Lolli ~ I'm going to pass this on to a friend that was just mentioning she needed a good Gluten Free recipe :)

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lanaya! I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete