Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spaghetti Sauce Recipe You Won't Believe!! {GF/CF/NIGHTSHADE FREE}




This sauce is incredibly easy to make. 

It is gluten free/ dairy free/casein free/refined sugar free/nightshade free/tomato free....
and 100% delicious.


Baby A's favorite meals include pasta sauces, and I was nervous that I would not be able to cook food she liked when I had to go nightshade free! However, I had no need to worry because she devoured this immediately.

Ingredients:

Ground Turkey ( optional, we make meat sauce at our house)
Organic Carrots ( 30 oz, approx. 1 bag)
Whole Beets ( 1 can)
Red Onion 
1 tblspn Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Mushrooms ( optional)
Black Olives ( optional)
Italian Seasoning ( to taste)
Black Pepper  ( to taste)
(We also use Cayenne pepper, it is a night shade though, however it is the only one that doesn't affect me, most likely due to the capsaicin)
Oregano ( to taste)
Turmeric ( to taste)
Garlic powder (to taste)


To make the basic sauce which can be used on pizza and other pasta dishes, here is what you do:

1. Chop and steam your carrots.
2. Place carrots and entire can of beets undrained into food processor ( if using fresh beets, please steam & add 1/4 cup water).
3. Pour in 1 tablespoon of organic extra virgin olive oil, and add in your seasonings to taste.
4. Puree the ingredients until they turn into a tomato like sauce.

If you are making the entire spaghetti sauce recipe on here, then you will set aside sauce for now.

1. Brown your ground turkey ( and red onions if using) and drain.

2. Add basic sauce to pan with the turkey. 

3. Add in black olives & mushrooms.

4. Cook until the mushrooms are soft or until the pasta sauce is done to your particular liking. I tend to cook the sauce on a low heat with the lid on for most of the time, and toward the end I take off the lid. Stir frequently. This should take approx. 30 min.

If you are only using the basic sauce, you can apply directly to pizza, or you can cook basic sauce for 30 min and put on your favorite gluten free noodles!

It's that easy!

I hope you like it as much as we do!
Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli

See my disclaimer page. Make all recipes at your own risk. Do not copy or use my recipe for profit, you do not have permission to do so. If you post my recipe on your blog/site/book please give me credit by linking back to this post. I spent many hours in the kitchen coming up with this recipe on my own. You saw it on Re-Inventing Lolli blog first.

Remember you saw these recipes first here on ReInventing Lolli blog :) If you use one of my recipes, please give me credit, as I work hard to come up with all of my recipes.

Always check labels for gluten free/ allergen free status before using any ingredients.

Please use caution when cooking to not burn yourself and when chopping to not cut yourself. Do not let children handle sharp objects or the stove.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it tastes pretty close too. it doesn't smell like tomato sauce, but it tastes like tomato sauce without the acid-y after taste. i was pretty excited with how it turned out and how simply i was able to make it :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete