Do you crave ice cream, yet wish it were healthy?
Now you can have the best of both worlds.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
1 1/2 tblspns Natural Peanut Butter ( ours contains only peanuts!!)
2 tblspns Almond Milk or water ( this is for mixability)
2 frozen bananas
* Break bananas into chunks ( throw away peel), put in freezer safe container and freeze for 6 hours or longer. *
1. Put water/ almond milk into food processor ( or blender that has ice cube setting).
2. Add bananas.
3. Add peanut butter.
4. Place lid on blender/ food processor and blend or process until smooth.
It will get chunky, then smaller chunks, then fluff out into ice cream.
There are 2 topping options.
1. Crackle Coat: Mix 1 tblspn coconut oil, 1 tblspn honey, and 1 1/2 tblspns pure cocoa powder. Mix until liquid. Pour on top of ice cream, instant crackled chocolate coat. Magic!!
2. Chocolate Syrup: Mix 1 tblspn honey & 1 tblspn cocoa powder until it turns into a syrup ( it gets lumpy before it thins out, so keep mixing).
If you are a VEGAN who doesn't eat honey, then use Agave Nectar instead. Adjust measurements accordingly. If you want more or less syrup adjust accordingly.
To make plain ice cream, just mix the water/almond mix with the bananas. That's it!!
I hope you enjoy!
As always if you have gluten/dairy or other allergies, please read the labels on the back of every ingredient used. This recipe contains nuts so do not make if you have a nut allergy.
In addition, please be safe in the kitchen and use care when handling sharp objects.
I worked really hard to come up with this recipe from scratch. Please give ReInventing Lolli credit if you use this recipe, if you repost, please ask permission. Remember you saw GF/DF/SF/VEGAN Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Chocolate Topping first on ReInventing Lolli!
Be Happy Healthy & Strong,