Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Relationship with [Fast] Food (Part 2)

Food was fast and easy growing up.


There was a short time in my life where I decided all I would eat was a couple veggies and water...every day. I had tummy issues all the time ( from eating all the junk, but I didn't know why). When I ate only veggies and water my tummy felt better. 
I didn't need to lose weight as I was always skinny, never more than 110 lbs. 

I  graduated High School, barely able to walk up the stairs. There were so many sports I would have loved to play,  but I didn't have the strength. I couldn't focus in school, and pretty much everything I learned was forgotten  and had to be relearned. I still to this day have issues with math and geography. 

At 20 years old, I moved in with Hubby ( who was then my boyfriend). We loved KFC...I ate KFC snackers...A LOT. Wendy's Jr. Bacon cheeseburgers were also a favorite. Snacks consisted of Totino's pizza rolls topped with salsa, sour cream, and cheese or Lay's Ruffles potato chips. All washed down with Sprite or Coke.


I felt sick all the time, and could barely lift a laundry basket. Something had to change. I wasn't overweight, but I was "skinny fat".
I started working out in January 2007,  but I still did not have more energy.


For my birthday in January 2008, my Hubby bought me "The Eat Clean Diet" book by Tosca Reno. It changed my life. It taught me healthy.

I didn't  get super healthy right away though. It was a step by step process.

Still not knowing I had Celiac, I switched to wheat bread instead  of the white. I started getting the grilled chicken sandwiches instead of fried when we would eat fast food. Hubby and I started eating more Subway as well. I started making more meals at home. Slow cooker meals were my favorite because they were easy as I didn't know how to cook much.
Hubby was a very good cook and made spaghetti which was my favorite. We switched to whole wheat spaghetti instead of regular.


This was the beginning of our change. Our snacks were still junky, and so many more changes were to come. 

Please keep reading for Part 3....the bigger changes in my life.

Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment