Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Domino's Gluten Free Crust? Really?!

Many of you may have seen that Domino's has come out with a "gluten free" crust.
Before you get excited, it's not what it seems.
While the crust itself does not contain gluten, they do not recommend it to Celiac's due to the risk for cross contamination.

Here's a link to the CBS article:

Gluten free statement here:

"Domino's pizza made with a Gluten Free Crust is prepared in a common kitchen with the risk of gluten exposure. The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness supports the availability of Domino's Gluten Free Crust, but cannot recommend the pizza for customers with celiac disease. Customers with gluten sensitivities should exercise judgment in consuming this pizza."




Wanna read more?

?!

Sounds to me like they are only appealing to fad dieters.

My two cents?
Skip the fast food as it is bad for you anyway.
Make your pizza at home!!

If you must eat pizza out, then try out a place like Z pizza! They offer a gluten free crust option as well and have great ingredient options too!

If you have Celiac, you need to be serious about taking care of your gut, and I feel like eating Domino's gluten free crust, or any of their pizzas, Celiac or not, is just not doing your gut or your weight any good.

Just stay away.

Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli


*These are just my opinions. All opinions are true and my own. I am not endorsing Z pizza or any company. I am not bashing Domino's I am merely saying my personal opinions.*

1 comment:

  1. All great choices! I'm your newest blog hop follower. :) Stop by when you can to follow back. http://sassyshopperreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete