Monday, November 12, 2012

Ask Me Monday: Supplements!



" What kind of supplements do you take?"

I actually was preparing a post on supplements when a good friend submitted this question. I am so glad she asked!

Many people say if you eat healthy then you get all the nutrients you need from food, well, in my opinion, that is not entirely true.
Our soil has become so depleted of nutrients due to our lack of care for the planet, not to mention we buy our food from grocery stores in many cases. Once the food hits the grocery store, it usually has travelled a bit and the veggies are already losing nutritional value...even if you buy organic.

This is where supplements come to the rescue.

Hubby and I have been taking supplements for several years now.
Since I am nursing I have had to cut back on a few, but will start back on the others when done nursing.

Here's what I currently take:

Prenatal w DHA
Vitamin C 1000mg
Calcium with D3 1000mg/400IU
Organic Maca capsules 500mg
RAW Protein Powder 17g protein per scoop. Contains probiotics.
Spirulina ( powder to mix in food & smoothies)

Other supplements Hubby currently takes and I will be taking again soon are:

Resveratrol 500mg
CoQ10 100mg
Vitamin B Complex
Fish Oil/Omega 3 1000mg
Silica 500mg
BCAA with Glutamine & Vitamin C (powder to mix with juice)

Hubby also takes Creatine but its not something I am planning on taking at this time.

These aren't supplements but they are foods I consume on a daily basis that I think makes a difference:

Organic Extra Coconut Oil
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Decaf Green Tea

Combine these with exercise, yoga, meditation, and eating clean organic foods & I am confident that I am taking good care of my body!

I will hopefully be doing posts on these individual supplements soon.

This is just what works for my family. Everyone Is different. I do not recommend taking any supplements without talking to your doctor first. Always consult a healthcare physician before making any major lifestyle changes and especially if pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications.


Do you take supplements? If so what kind?

Be Happy Healthy & Strong,

Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment