It's great to get together with family and friends on this 3 days holiday weekend.
Unfortunately for many people that can mean lots of bad calories and junk foods.
Here are some tips for staying healthier this labor day!
1. Swap the hamburgers for lean turkey burgers
2. Skip the mayo and the BBQ sauces ( or make your own BBQ sauce). A lot of BBQ sauces are loaded with High Fructose Corn Syrup and other sugars, it's best to avoid these. Mayo is full of unhealthy fats, it is best to skip this all together.
Opt instead for hummus and ketchup or mustard on your burger, but keep these in limited amounts ( check the sugar content on the ketchup before you use it)
3. Ditch the chips and opt for celery instead. It has a nice crunch with out the grease. Maybe even dip your celery in some hummus.
4. Instead of a sugary dessert, look for fresh fruit instead, maybe a fruit salad or some watermelon slices!
5. Go light on the alcohol. Limit the number of alcoholic beverages as alcohol turns to straight sugar in the blood stream, and doesn't do anything to help your liver or your waist line. Red Wine would be a better choice than many.
6. Drink a lot of water! Water helps to flush out toxins from the body, and keeps you hydrated when you are outside grilling all day.
Enjoy your holiday weekend!
Just remember to take care of your body while you are having fun!
Be Happy Healthy and Strong,
These are my personal opinions and are not intended as advice of any kind. Alcohol is an adult beverage and to be consumed only by those of legal age. Please consult your Dr. before starting any diet.