Monday, September 24, 2012

ASK ME MONDAY #5


"If  I were to only want to change one thing about myself to make myself healthy. What would you suggest?
It seems like getting healthy is complicated, maybe picking one thing would help me get started?"

First, I want to say Congrats on the decision to get healthy. Yes, it can be a tough road at first, especially when trying to figure out where to start. However, it can be very rewarding and gets easier with time.

I would like to tell anyone looking to start out on a healthy journey to talk to their physician, a nutritionist, or a personal trainer. I am not an expert, I am just sharing my opinions and what works for me. 

All that being said. If I were to suggest any change, it would be....


Get rid of Sugar.
(this includes high fructose corn syrup, brown sugar, corn sugar, molasses, and evaporated cane juice as well)

This is huge. Read all your labels, if sugar is an ingredient, then don't buy it & don't eat it

This eliminates a large percent of junk food. Most junk food has some form of sugar in it. 
I had mentioned in my "Where Sugar Lurks" series that I even saw sugar in ketchup!
If you make a cake or snack at home, use Stevia or honey instead. Don't use sugar.

A lot of people start their journey with exercise which is a great thing, but I honestly believe that nourishing your body first is important, then finding a exercise you love can be the next step. If someone is eating junk food and exercising, it is my belief that they aren't doing their body much good because they are not giving it the fuel it needs.

Best wishes and good luck!

Please use this as a stepping stone to a healthier life, don't let the change stop at just one thing.

Be Happy Healthy and Strong,

Lolli

No comments:

Post a Comment